Halford Busby teamed with Pfluger Architects on the 108,050 square foot rebuilding of Hunters Creek Elementary School in Spring Branch Independent School District (I.S.D.) and provided design development stage estimates.
This design development stage estimates of this elementary school “rebuild” included construction at all disciplines. Some highlights of this new elementary school include:
- a new one-story building,
- a new two-story building,
- a new covered pavilion,
- a new courtyard,
- parking as well as bus drop-off areas,
- two new synthetic turf play infields,
- a new playground,
- as well as landscaping and irrigation.
Special attention was given to allowing for ample green space.
Although the project name includes the word “rebuild”, it is actually the construction of a new school — not a renovation. The new school buildings will replace dated facilities initially built in 1954. The construction is funded by part of the district’s 2017 bond plan. The new school is scheduled to open in August 2021.
Read more about our projects with K-12 education entities.
- “Bond focus: Hunters Creek Elementary rebuild,” The School Zone: News, November 22, 2019.
- Kent, Roy. “Spring Branch ISD begins rebuilding schools,” Houston Chronicle, October 30, 2019.