Halford Busby teamed up with Page Architects on the Galveston County Road and Bridge construction estimates at the stages of programming, schematic design, design development and 95 percent construction documents.
Features of the Project:
This unique project includes:
- a new 7,230 square foot office building,
- a new 10,400 square foot automotive maintenance shop,
- new 4,380 square foot storage warehouse,
- detention pond,
- new fuel-air dispensory buildings,
- a new covered wash rack, as well as
- two parking areas.
The project covered 266,790 gross square feet.
The project was bid on October 29, 2020 for an estimated $9,600,000. As of December 7, 2020, Galveston County had not awarded a contract since the bids were still being reviewed by the bid committee. We encourage site visitors to return to this web page to see updates on this project as they evolve. We hope to secure permission to publish in-progress construction photos and project completion photos when those images become available.
Learn more about our cost estimation projects for other county jobs.
Architect: Page Architects
- Ferguson, John Wayne. “County plans $9M project to replace road and bridge facility,” The Daily News, November 20, 2019.
- “New Construction and/or Renovation of Galveston County Road & Bridge Facility,” Virtual Builders Exchange, first reported on October 9, 2018; last updated October 27, 2020.