Halford Busby has strong experience with providing construction estimates on the renovations of schools. For instance, Halford Busby partnered with In2Architects to provide estimates on the renovations of Dallas Independent School District (ISD)’s Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vanguard. The school serves 567 students in grades pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
The project scope includes:
- building a secure vestibule with a new entry canopy, accessible ramp and stoop,
- replacing exterior sidewalks,
- removing and replacing a parking lot,
- replacing the existing marquee sign with a new marquee sign,
- replacing all existing lighting with LED lighting,
- renovating a 2-story 87,936 gross square foot building
- replacing architectural ceiling,
- replacing old casework with new, district standard casework,
- replacing exterior windows,
- new fire alarm system,
- upgrading the access control system, and
- replacing MEP and telecommunications such as removing existing radiators, ductwork throughout the building as well as hot and cold piping.
Halford Busby provided estimates at schematic design, design development, 50 percent construction documents, 95 percent construction documents and 100 percent construction documents. The project is estimated to be a $9 million makeover and will be completed in March 2021. Halford Busby supplies clients with estimates on the renovations of schools as well as other construction projects across industries.